What is art?

For a topic so open-ended such as art may be hard to describe. But I believe this openness is what really defines art. Art is anything. Art is just a simple word to describe a person's work.
Art can span from a breath taking painting to someone's dinner. There is no rules to what art can and cannot be.

The kicker is this is coming from someone who knows nothing about the art world. I’m what you would might call an “active bystander.” I love analyzing art and learning about art. Spending an afternoon at a gallery or art museum sounds great. It’s the actual making of it that I can’t do.

I’m also what you may call “artistically challenged.” I can think exactly what I want to make, down to what mediums I want to use. But when I put my pencil, or whatever thing I’m using, to the paper, my hands just won’t work. I can’t do it. And yeah, I already know what you’re thinking. But there is a point where practice doesn’t make perfect.

So yeah. That’s where I’m starting at. It’s not exactly rock bottom, but it’s sure as hell close. But you’re welcome to tag along. I’m sure this is going to be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photographer of Intrest - Franck Bohbot

Art of Cinematography - Edger Wright